CLARIFICATION of SUMMARY - memory expansion problems

From: Roger Holman - Manager Computing Facility - Wgtn School of Medicine, Otago Uni <HOLMAN_at_wnmeds.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 9:18:00 +1300 (NZDT)

Date sent: 10-JAN-1995 09:06:08

Hello again,

Sorry to have dispensed some confusion in my last message. I now have the full
details from Digital as to the problem and its solution.

1. Samsung memory runs at a faster speed than previous supplied Digital memory.
2. In ALpha model 3000-300 machines with a motherboard rev level below K01, a
bus timimg error occurs with the above memory. The rev level can be found
next to the part number on the motherboard .
3. If your cpu board has a rev level below K01, and you wish to add this type
of memory, you need to request an Engineering Change Order ref EQ-01702-01.

As I bought the memory from Digital my upgrade is being installed for no
charge.

Sorry for all the confusion about firmware levels which apparently can be
upgraded using the CD.

Regards

Roger Holman