SUMMARY

From: Daniele Fua <fua_at_g24ux.sci.uniroma1.it>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 12:04:37 +0100 (MET)

My questions regarded:
1) dump failure
2) why the same procedures in /sbin and /usr/sbin have different sizes.

I received many kind answers, what solved my problems said:

1) there is a known problem (and solution) where dump aborts
if there is an nfs entry in /etc/fstab that doesn't start with
a backslash (like in a mfs definition): comment that line!
Hopefully, new O.S. versions will have better solutions.

2) files in /sbin are statically linked, files in /usr/sbin are
dynamically linked; as I understand this means that /sbin files (larger)
can run as they are, while /usr/sbin files need other files to run.

Thanks to:
Dan Cambron
Andrew Gallatin
Kobi Gover