SUMMARY: Trace

From: <csmith_at_marstons.CV.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 95 16:10:10 +0000

Original Question :
What is the DEC equivilent of Sunos/trace, Solaris/truss, HPUX/ptrace ?

Answers :
Knut.Hellebo_at_nho.hydro.com
There are no bundled products that do what you want in DEC OSF1. You can
try to surf around gatekeeper.dec.com to find out if there are some
freeware that resembles trace,truss etc.
rusb_at_redac.co.uk
There is a Dec product called "atom" which does this and more
anthony.baxter_at_aaii.oz.au
Yes there is a 'trace' program for OSF/1, originally written by James
Bonfield, and since then maintained by me. I only got my first OSF/1 3.0
machine a week ago, so it hasnt been ported to 3.0. Sometime soon, I hope.
kevin_at_insosf1.infonet.net
I obtained one from a DEC engineer a while back, called 'trace'.
You can snag it from ftp.infonet.net:/pub/systems/osf1/trace
Niels.Kunstmann_at_Physik.uni-muenchen.de
In the System V Environment kit, part of the Complimentary Products CD for
DEC OSF/1, you will find the truss utility.
Also try alpha-trace-1.0.tar.gz
atp_at_mssly1.mssl.ucl.ac.uk
           alpha-trace does this, available from gatekeeper.
benoit_at_fgt.dec.com
truss is included in the DECSYSV system 5 environment that ships as
an additional product.
Look also in the ATOM subset (/ALPHA/ATOM on the CD), some of the
tools can be what you are looking for
pn_at_andrea.olivetti.dk
The truss command is included in the optional product
System V Environment
Biggest thanks go to : James Bonfield - jkb_at_mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
He also suggested alpha-trace, but I couldn't get it to compile with OSF/1 v3.0.
James suggested a few changes to the source, with these it compiled and is now
running okay.

                       ,,,
                      (o o)
! Christopher Smith ! Email: csmith_at_marstons.cv.com !
! Computervision, UK ! Phone: +44 494 474477 !
! ! Fax : +44 494 463585 !