SUMMARY: using upper tray on PrintServer20 for banner page

From: Danny J. Mitzel <dmitzel_at_whitney.hitc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 17:09:37 -0800

Last Friday after installing PrintServer V4.2 on an Alpha 2100 OSF/1 v3.0
I found that I couldn't use the upper tray for banner pages even after
uncommenting the documented lines in the sample banner page. The fix provided
by "Thomas S. Traylor" <TST_at_swt.edu> is:
----------
What happens is you are resetting Normal-Tray prior to outputing the banner
page from a different input tray. Here is what I did to fix bannerPage.psh.

%%
%% Uncomment the next 3 lines to reset the tray to the original
% statusdict begin
% Normal-Tray setpapertray
% end
%%
  % Output the imaged page and force the banner sheet out
  % (in case the printer is set to duplex mode by default).
  %
  showpage
  statusdict begin Normal-Tray setpapertray newsheet end
  } def
----------

I also mentioned that I was no longer able to specify options such as
duplexing and N-up printing using lpr, and that I was annoyed at using
'lpspr | lpr' because this causes the banner page to list the job name
as 'stdin'. I received several replies from others confirming that the
duplexing and other options are no longer supported directly via lpr.
Suggestions on controlling the job header were to use the -J option to
lpr to explicitly set the job name, or to save the output of lpspr into
a file and then to print that file via lpr.

thanks to everyone who took the time to reply:
Jim Reisert -- PKO3-1/6H -- DTN 223-5747 <reisert_at_wrksys.enet.dec.com>
"Thomas S. Traylor" <TST_at_swt.edu>
fabrice_at_cisk.ATMOS.Ucla.EDU (Fabrice Cuq)
anthony baxter <anthony.baxter_at_aaii.oz.au>

cheers!
danny (dmitzel_at_whitney.hitc.com)