SUMMARY: restore from dump

From: CARL HILLSMAN <CARL_at_MOHAWK.WIC.EPA.GOV>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 10:46:30 -0500 (EST)

i have been made aware that my question may have been inappropriate for this
group. i'm soory that some feel this way, but i am very greatful to those that
offered a solution.

two methods were offerd. one to use restore with:
1.

 -s The argument that follows this modifier flag is used as the
            number (1 is the origin) of the file to restore. This flag is
            used to write more than one dump file from the tape.

this really didn't make sense to me when i read it, but now it does.
this allowed me to use restore -i and specify what i needed.
2.

do a "mt fsf 1" to skip over the first dump then do a then a "restore -f
/dev/nrmt0h blah blah blah.

once agian thanks......

                                carl