Q: C2 & PolyCenter FullSail

From: <haymanR_at_icefog.uacn.alaska.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 16:44:23 -0900

Greetings -

In perusing the PolyCenter FullSail (v1.4) documentation, it appears that it
isn't set up for enhanced security compatibility directly. Although it appears
that I can set it up to use NIS (which is a kludge with enhanced security), is
there a (more direct) way to use it to do account management under the enhanced
security model? Is it coming in a near future version?

We need some of the enhanced security features, but other parts are (of course)
hindering our desired computing model - i.e. pushing account management out to
the department level without creating suid wrapper programs or distributing the
root password et. al.

We are on OSF/1 v3.0 r358, if that's any concern.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Summary pending responses.

Thanks

Randy
haymanr_at_icefog.uacn.alaska.edu