problem with DEC DSP drive

From: Rakesh Jain <jain_at_smuhep1.physics.smu.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 11:16:30 -0600 (CST)

hi there,

        I am having problems with a DEC DSP 3210 drive for sometime now. Once in a
while (probably couple of times a month) it just freezes and when you do any disk
access (like df, ls etc) all the jobs hang. Finally I have to reboot the machine to
clear the state. I tried using scu but that also hands if I start it with device
name or set the device env variable to the dec drive. I have many other seagate
drive on the same machine and have no problem at all. Any suggestions on how to
solve this problem. This drive is connected to DEC alpha 3000/400 OSF/1 v1.3.

Thanks a lot,
Rakesh