Modem configuration on osf/1

From: keith chiles <kchiles_at_hccsf.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 95 16:20:36

     Dear Netland,

     This is my first post so please forgive me if I bobo. I am under a
     tight deadline and I have been having problems with two things on a
     2100 running osf/1 3.0.

     1. I am trying to configure a decmodem v32 to allow dial in. Would
     someone please send me a successful inittab entry and any register
     settings they are aware of. I am running the modem in the at mode. I
     am really behind the eight ball on this one and anyone who has some
     notes on this equipment who could send me the secrets would be deeply
     appreciated.

     2. The second thing I am trying to do is to configure a postscript
     printer. The printer is an 1152 postscript. I ran the lprsetup
     program and told it that it was an ln06. I can cat a postscript file
     to the /dev/lp0 device and it comes out of the printer, but if I use
     the lp or lpr command for either postscript or text files, it just
     goes into the que and the lpc status shows it is waiting for the
     printer to go on-line, but it is on-line. Does anyone have any good
     ideas about what is going on here? Any rapid advice is appreciated
     because we don't have anything but the on-line bookreader docs.

     Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
     Keith Chiles, Systems Engineer
     Hospital Cost Consultants