SUMMARY: HTML Editors for OSF.

From: Iain Hardcastle <Iain.Hardcastle_at_azlan.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 95 10:47:40

     Hi All.

     Well it seems there are not really very many authoring tools for OSF
     out there!

     I have been fiddling with HTML lateley and personally find that doing
     all the authoring and testing on a windows machine using my scanner,
     Web Browser software and one of the shareware HTML editors is far
     easier than doing it all on the alpha. When I am satisfied that the
     pages are as I want them, I can just upload the whole lot to a
     directory on the alpha and away we go. It also means that while
     developing the pages, I can copy the lot to a portable and take it
     home (sad man..)

     Thanks to Drew Gallatin for pointing out that there was an authoring
     package called ASHE (There's at least one wysiwyg editor out there
     called ASHE (A Simple Html Editor) availible via anon. ftp from
     ftp.cs.rpi.edu in the directory /pub/puninj/ASHE). I have yet to look
     at this.

     plenty of people suggested that emacs + the SGML extensions so I will
     investigate these further.

     Thanks to all.
     ihardcas_at_azlan.co.uk