SLIP/PPP login into host through terminal server

From: Tom Techoueyres <tom_at_triton.neptune.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:57:31 -0600

Hi,

We have a alpha 2100 server, model 4/200 running osf/1 and a terminal server
(Equinox) connected to our local network. We use ethernet.
Remote users can dial in to the terminal server and start slip/PPP, but that
way I can't control the log time and I can only add a limited number of
different users with passwords. So I would like the alpha server to enable the
slip/PPP connections for my remote users. The remote user would dial-up to the
terminal server which will connect the user directly to the alpha, then the
user would enter its username and password and the alpha would establish the
slip/PPP connection. What is the best way to do this? Should I use the
package "slipware"?
I would appreciate any help!!

Thank You
| Tom Techoueyres || |
| tom_at_triton.neptune.com || http://www.neptune.com |
| Neptune, The Travel Industry Network || telnet: triton.neptune.com |