SUMMARY: gnuplot for OSF1-V3.0

From: Farhad Dehghani <farhad_at_math.ku.dk>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 12:19:06 +0100

Original message:
================
I am trying to compile gnuplot V.3.5 for our alphas running
OSF1-V3.0. The compilation completes without problems, but when I try
to load a gnuplot file, I'll get the following message and the program
exits:

prompt> ./gnuplot demo/contours.dem
Hit return to continue (1)sh: gnuplot_x11: execute permission denied

Broken pipe
prompt>

The file permissions seem to be OK. Has it anything to do with
/etc/auth? Has anybody experienced this before?
Is there any patches which sould be installed for getting it to work?

SOLUTION:
========
It was only a question of having the right path to following
executables:

gnuplot
gnuplot_x11
lasergnu

After adding the proper dir. in my path variable, the problem was
solved (I had forgot that the current dir. is not in my path).

Thanks to:
Kazuro Furukawa
Len Senetza
Stam Nicolis