Re: Handle a modem on a Decserver

From: Scott Ruch - DTN 462-6082 <swr_at_unx.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 95 10:51:51 -0500

>> Jean Luc SOLER and Pierre FOUCAULT from SNCF

hope this mail gets to you, your return address is "root"...

> We've got a problem to handle signals ( SIGHUP) when a process fail down.
> Also, when a process get down, we need it to make the line down ( HANGHUP
> and CLOSE). And we need to send a CLEAR DTR signal to the line but when we
> do it the line is always up.

The LAT protocol does not support "low level" control of RS232 devices. That
is, you cannot toggle individual modem control signals via TIOCSDTR, etc.
ioctls. Any modem control functions will be handled by the terminal server
itself. There will be options you can set at the port which control whether
or not DTR stays up all the time, etc.

Regards,

Scott Ruch Unix Systems Group
DEC OSF/1 LAT Engineering