Backup Solutions ?.

From: Rakesh Jain <jain_at_smuhep1.physics.smu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 10:09:59 -0600 (CST)

hi there,

        Since I have a question which involves different hardware, I am cross
posting this message to different lists.

I have few DECstation & Alpha machines running ULTRIX, OSF/1 and OpenVMS,
couple of SUN, and a NexT machine. There are also 4 Mac's on a different subnet.

At present I have a tape drive on an ULTRIX machine and I do all the backups of
UNIX systems to it. Now I am looking to buy a new tape drive and need some
help.

1) What configuration would help most in backing up data from all machines and
        more important restore the data when system crashes.

2) Any solution for backing up Mac HD's.

I would appreciate if you can give me some pointers. if you need more info, let
me know.

Thanks a lot,

Rakesh