Dial-back under OSF/1

From: William D. Blasingame <msdc!daleb_at_uunet.uu.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 95 10:40:32 EST

Hello.

We're running OSF/1 v3.2, and would like to implement dial-back as a
security feature for remote logins. The consensus around the office is
that this topic has graced this mailing list before, but no one can find
any references in our archive. At the risk of going over previously-covered
ground; I'd like to ask for a show of hands from anyone who: 1.) knows if
this feature is available under OSF/1 (part of enhanced security?), and 2.)
if it is possible, has done it. As a question of general interest, is
there anyone out there who has studied the infamous "orange book" enough
to know whether dial-back is part of the spec for C2 security?

I will, of course, summarize. Many thanks.

Dale Blasingame						         daleb_at_mdsc.com
Medical Systems Development Corp. (MsdC)	        voice:   (404) 984-9550