Re: fping help under OSF/1 LOOOONNNNGGGG (fwd)

From: Roman Gollent <roman_at_portal.stwing.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 02:52:30 -0400 (EDT)

The problem has nothing to do with fping's makefile. OSF (At least version
3.0 doesn't come with libsocket).

The problem lies in this line of fping.c:

 u_long ipaddress = inet_addr(host);

this should actually be:

 u_int ipaddress = inet_addr(host);

This change allows fping to work properly with our machine (OSF 3.0).
Being an honest man, I would like to point out that August Wohlt
(wohlt_at_eniac.seas.upenn.edu) helped me find this "bug/feature/os
quirk". Sorry if this doesn't read like a standard bug report, as I
have never written one before.

Cheers,

Roman

PS: Hope this came in time for the release of satan