Gopher and wais on an alpha

From: Mark Van Overbeke <markvo_at_cda.mrs.umn.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:08:50 -0500 (CDT)

Configuration:

DEC 3000 Model 300 LX
OSF/1 V3.0
freeWAIS 0.3
gopher 2.1.3

I have built gopher and wais to test on the alpha. I can serve up the
gopher tree I have without any problems (yet). I also managed to get a wais
index built. I can get a search of the index to work with waissearch, but I
cannot get a search to work from the gopherd server. Does anyone out there
have gopher&wais running on their alpha? Did you have this problem?? Did I
not do something I should have? Should I have a newer wais? This question
comes to this list since my news feed has choked and is not back up and
running yet.

   Mark

--
Mark Van Overbeke                   Systems Software Programmer
Computing Services