UPDATE: Enhanced Security and umask

From: Dan Cambron (Motorola SPS/CST CIM) <"Dan>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 95 10:18:44 -0700

My original question was:

Since I added enhanced security, by default all file creations totally mask out
any group and other access. /etc/profile, which is where I thought the umask
could be globally set, doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there a way to
globally set the umask under enhanced security? It's gone from a default 022
to 077 in enhanced security, which is too restrictive. I'm running V3.2 on a
2100.

-------------------

I received only 1 reply on this so far from Spider.Boardman_at_Orb.Nashua.NH.US:

Your csh users need it set in /etc/csh.login rather than
/etc/profile. However, anything that changes it in the user's
shell should be sufficient, since the 077 value is part of the
login process before execing the user's shell.

Most of the users are using ksh, and so I don't understand why /etc/profile
won't set the umask, or if not there, how is it done. The local .profile,
.cshrc will work for those that come in via telnet, or xdm. But I have some
users coming in via rexec from mac's using X, and it doesn't seem to work in
that case (maybe a different problem?). But regardless, Enh. Sec. is forcing
the umask somewhere, and it should be configurable I would think.

dan