From: Hugh Conner <hmc_at_cee.hw.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 11:23:14 +0100 (BST)

I originally wrote :
> I have just upgraded from OSF/1 v 1.3 to v 3.0 and am having a problem
> with PC-NFS. One of our Alphas has user's home directories on it which get
> mounted on a PC as the H: drive under PC-NFS. When a user is using Microsoft
> Word (6.0) and saves a file on the H: drive it get corrupted. What seems to
> happen is that the first few blocks get written out entirely as nulls. This
> certainly did not happen when the server was running v 1.3. The machine is
> a 3000/600 and the output from uname -a is
>
> OSF1 ares V3.0 347 alpha
>
> Has anyone else come across a problem like this and knows of a fix?

Thanks to everyone who pointed out that this is a known bug in both 3.0 and
3.2, and giving me detailt on the patches which are OSFV30-116-1 for 3.0 and
OSF320-053 for 3.2. I have ordered the first of these from my local support
centre and eagerly await its arrival.

--
	Hugh M. Conner			hmc_at_cee.hw.ac.uk
					Tel: +44 131 451 3337