SUMMARY OSF/1 3.2a and Postscript Files

From: Chris Glenister <crg_at_cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 10:30:56 PDT

Hello Managers

The problem I had, was trying to print US Letter size Postscript documents from
OSF/1 3.2a to a Hewlett Packard 4si Postscript printer on A4 paper. I could preview
the documents, however when I printed them the printer produced a error page
saying "Can't select requested paper size for Frame print job!".

Solution
-------------
I was sent an email with a 'ppfix.ps' program attatched which basically converts US
Letter size to any other size, by simply changing the program to suit your
requirements.

The file can be included with your own Postscript file, using the following
command :-

        unix>cat ppfix.ps your_file.ps | lp

This solution was kindly provided by :- Terje Sten Bjerkseth <tsb_at_admintec.no>

However I would like to that the following people for there help:-

Martyn.Johnson_at_cl.cam.ac.uk
nicolis_at_celfi.phys.univ-tours.fr
walters_at_zk3.dec.com

If I have forgotten anyone, my applogies.

Regards

Chris Glenister
SSLRC, Cranfield University