Unified Buffer Cache.

From: Geoff Davies <GEDAVIES_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 95 07:00:40 PDT

OSF'ers

After running a large database report I am finding that the free memory page
list (vmstat) drops drastically.

I have been told that this is a common problem with databases that use regular
files instead of raw devices. The pages lost are allocated to the Unified
Buffer Cache (UBC).

How do I limit the percentage of memory used by the UBC ?

This is standard (347) 3.0 of OSF/1.

I will produce a summary of the replies.

Thanks,
Geoff.

|Geoff Davies 300 Oracle Parkway |
|UNIX MPP Group P.O Box 659312 |
|Oracle Worldwide Support Redwood Shores |
| CA 94065 |
| Ph:(415)506-8838 |
|Internet:gedavies_at_us.oracle.com Fx:(415)506-7823 |