Missing disk space.

From: David Bannon <D.Bannon_at_Latrobe.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 12:53:33 +1000

Hi Folks,

        I recently upgraded (reinstalled really) to OSF1 3.2,
I took the easy way and did a basic install letting the system
configure the first H.D. All worked well until I noticed that
not all of the 1.05 G space from the RZ26 is available.

Only partition a and g are mounted. The remainder are listed
by disklabel as unused. The docs infer that partition b is used
as swap space but nobody seems to want partition h (400 meg).

My questions :

1. Is it correct for disklabel to think partition b is unused ?

2. Can I use newfs to set up partition h so I can mount it ?

3. Is it normal for the install to leave partition h unused, why ?

TIA, David

David Bannon D.Bannon_at_latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd, Fax 61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083
..... Humpty Dumpty was pushed !