device name for keyboard?

From: <sherry_at_canidae.cps.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 09:45:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi gurus:

    I once wrote a program on the Sparcs to stop background jobs when a
user logs in from console, and resume the jobs when the user at the
console has been idle for 15 minutes. In this program I check three
devices: /dev/console, /dev/mouse and /dec/dbd. I am trying to port
this program to the alphas, but I don't see a /dev/kbd device. Is there
such a device? Or is keyboard part of console so I don't need to check
it?
    Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Sherry