NFS mount and quota

From: Chua Koon Teck <koonteck_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 13:22:46 +0800 (SST)

Hi

I have a few question to raise regarding NFS and quota.

Can I set quota on a NFS mounted directory ? This is because I would
like to create account on one of my server but I would like to make the
home directory for all the users to be NFS mounted from another server.
If not, is there any way to implement user quota across NFS mounted
directory ?

Is the quota still effective in the NFS client machine which has mounted
a directory from the NFS server machine ? There is quota being
implemented on the directory at the NFS server machine. This is because I
wanted to implement NIS on a few of my servers and I wanted to use NFS to
mount the user home directory to the respective NIS client machines. But
if there is quota being set on the user at the NIS server, will this
quota still valid at the client machine.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Regards

Chua Koon Teck