Pine on DEC UNIX

From: Param Bedi <bedi_at_castle.beaver.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 16:26:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Managers,

We have a Alpha 3000-600 running DEC UNIX 2.1, and we are using PINE 3.1
as our mail package. Last week we had to reboot the system, and since
then we are experiencing a very unusual problem with only certain users.
When they login it tells them that they mail new mail, but if they use
PINE it shows their INBOX folder as empty. They can however read their
new mail by using UNIX mail.

Any clue as to what the problem might be ?

Param Bedi Phone : (215)572-4019
Information Systems & Networking Manager FAX: (215)572-0240
Beaver College
bedi_at_beaver.edu

To err is human; to really screw up it takes a computer.