System hangs OSF 1.3A

From: <NSYSTEM_at_beau.nb.rockwell.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 10:04:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

We are using DEC UNIX 1.3A on our DEC 3000/800 AXP.
We have 2 systems running this version, and the systems
often hang. What happens is that users can't log in and
console terminal doesn't respond with logging prompt.
The systems then have to be reset and rebootted.
One system has 1GB of memory and the other has 256MB of
memory. We assinged plenty of swap space for both systems.

Will the debugger tell me anything? Will memory leak cause
the system to hang?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Candice
Rockwell International