SUMMARY: sendmail relays

From: Dan Cambron (Motorola SPS/CST CIM) <"Dan>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 95 14:09:14 -0700

Paul Rockwell solved my puzzle. I did what he suggested (below) and found that
our corp people do have the MX records set to this mystery machine.

thanks again.

Original ?:
----------------------------
I have some stupid sendmail questions. Thanks in advance to any help here.
I have a 3.2a system set up and I'm able to send mail out to the internet via
a corp mail gateway. When I did a mailsetup, I did NOT specify a relay
machine.

I used mailx -v a while ago, and watched my sendmail connect to a machine, do
the greeting thing, and then pass the message on. The machine my sendmail
connected to doesn't seem to be defined anywhere on my system. I can nslookup
this relay machine, but I can't find anywhere that it's defined as the place to
forward my mail. I don't know much about sendmail and SMTP. Is there a place
where this information is defined?