Shadow Passwords w/o expiration?

From: Michael Matthews <matthewm_at_sgate.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 14:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

Let's say I want to use shadow passwords on a system, but I don't want to
implement password aging (since I have been and always will be totally
against that idea).

If I run secsetup and turn on enhanced security, I notice that it will create
the protected password database for every user. The entries for each user
make no mention of password aging (u_exp and u_life from the prpasswd(4) man
page).

The million dollar question: Does this mean passwords won't expire, or does
this mean there is a default value? Also, now that there is enhanced
security on this system, will each user be forced to change their password
the next time they log in? (a definite negative)

Thanks.

Mike Matthews, Mike_Matthews_at_sgate.com (NeXTmail accepted)