Stuck <more> process / login/out hangs

From: Brian Weaver <weaver_at_pr1.k12.co.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 13:21:42 -0600 (MDT)

I'm having two problems with our 250 running osf 3.2A.
One is the program more seems to become a stuck process everyone
in a while, and burn like 90% of the cpu according to top. I've
seen stuck processes before go nuts and burn cpu cycles, but it's
always "more"

Also, once in a while, when a users types exit to log out, the
system seems to hang for about 45 seconds. This also effects
logging in. ie, if you're stuck logging out, no one can log in
untill the system clears it head.

-- Brian
Brian Weaver weaver_at_pr1.k12.co.us
System Administrator PoudreR1 School District
My opinions are my own and not that of the Poudre R1 School District.
Vote democrat, it's easier than getting a job.