printer

From: Murat Balci <balci_at_baum01.ege.edu.tr>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 10:01:33 +0400 (EET DST)

Hi,
I have a printer problem. In recent days, one of our ps printers
connected to DEC-3000 Alpha, shows some strange behaviours. For example ,
whwn I send a text to printer, always it also sends a banner. ( there is
nor banner option on the printer ). Anyway, this is not a big problem,
but there is a big problem, when I try to send a postscript, a message is
printed on the paper saying "A PostScript file is not printable." ! I
don't know whether this is a printer-hardware problem or a problem that
arose from Alpha. I used different ps. view programs, but nothing changed.
Do you have any idea ?

ps* The printer is HP-laserjet4 and ps card is available.
murat.

----
Murat Balci	UNIX sys. Admin
s-mail : Ege Universitesi B.A.U.M - Bornova, IZMIR, TURKIYE.
e-mail : balci_at_baum01.ege.edu.tr	Phone :+(90)(232)3881080-253