SUMMARY POLYCENTRE Network Save and Restore on Ultrix /DEC Unix

From: Debbie Colwell <debbie_at_itl.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 16:37:27 +0100

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any experience transfer nsr from Ultrix to DEC Unix. I would
> like to know if it is possible to transfer all the indexes over to enable me
> to restore files backed up using nsr on Ultrix to the DEC Unix system?

Many thanks to the masses that replied, the general consensus is that it can
be done, although there seems to be a 50/50 on success/failure rate. Digital
have said that it is possible to do as well, but to absolutely sure it is
better re-scan the tapes using scanner -i.

Once again many thanks

Debbie