vdump: unable to get info for file

From: <sadvary_at_netmon.dickinson.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 14:05:54 -0400

While vdumping the /usr advfs filesystem, I get the below error..

vdump: unable to get info for file <./var/spool/mqueue/xfAA27382>; [2] No such
file or directory
vdump: unable to get info for file <./var/spool/mqueue/dfAA27382>; [2] No such
file or directory

and it continues the vdump. It displayed the same filenames on two different
attempts.

Neither of these files show up when doing an 'ls' or 'vncheck usr_domain#usr'.

Is there an online way to trash the reference to this lost file, since Advfs
has "...a flexible structure that enables you to manage your file system
while it is on line" ?

Or, is my only course of action to reboot and hope that bcheckrc fixes the
inconsistency? Being that 'fsck' "checks and repairs UFS file systems", I
guess this is a not a good idea to run on an Advfs filesystem. ??

So many questions..
Thanks.
-Bill Sadvary
 Dickinson College