ATI graphic card and DEC

From: Sunny Siu <xxsiu_at_omega.uta.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 16:37:53 -0500 (CDT)

Dear OSF managers,

        I was told by ATI Technologies Inc. that they sold the Mach64
ATI210888GX chip to DEC. DEC then put the chip in their circuit board on
the Alpha box. Is that true? If yes, is the graphic card shipped by
DEC different from the one sold by ATI Technologies ? I hope that I can
hear a reply from DEC.

        The reason I am asking this question is that we have bought an
Alphastation 200 and we also ordered the graphic card Mach64 (with
ATI210888GX chip) from ATI directly. We are trying to make the graphic
card work with the Alpha box. We spent the last few days trying without
any luck. Any suggestion is welcome.

--Sunny Siu
  Unix system admin., ACS
  University of Texas at Arlington