VGA Adapter

From: Jos Jaspers <jos.jaspers_at_pi.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 95 14:53:57 PDT

Hello,

We recently bought an AlphaServer 1000 4/233 ans two AlphaStationswith Digital UNIX.
As a console we use a VRC21.
Now, users want to use this VRC21 as a workstation display and use a
GIS SmallWorld application on this VRC21. This GIS application needs
a resloution of 1280 x 1024.

Q: Is it possible to use this screen at a 1280 x 1024 with the standard installed
vga adapter or do i have to buy an accelarator card like a Q-Vision for this
AlphaServer 1000 ?

Some more info :
When i boot UNIX i get the following info : vga0 at eisa0 648 x 480 (cirrus)
When i push the reset-button on the Alpha 'CL-GD542x VGA BIOS' appears.
With the EISA Configuration Utility (ECU) we get the following info :
EISA Slot Info slot dev ident
                0 other DEC5000
                0 disk FLOPPY

Thanks in advance,

Jos Jaspers.
Jos Jaspers (JosJ_at_pi.net)
Systems Engineer Software DEC/VMS
EDS Netherlands, UCC-Arnhem / NUON Account
Have a peek at http://www.pi.net/~josj/home.html