[SUMMARY] This program does not work.

From: Bivins, Jeff <BIVINS_at_nebeng.otis.utc.com>
Date: 18 Oct 1995 11:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

A few weeks ago I send the following message.

 Hello Digital,

I am a frustrated Digital UNIX user. I have supported Digital in our recent
million dollar purchase. I am not sure I will go through this aggravation
again !!!
 We are satisfied with the performance of these machines for our high end
cad application, but are having a problems with the rest of our
applications.

1. I have to purchase a license to debug application and I have lost the
X-Window based dxdb debuger that came with Ultrix. I can not seem to get the
correct answer from DEC about what software package I NEED TO PURCHASE to
get me back to my Ultrix machine.

     [Q] Does anyone know ?

2. Digital will NOT work with Autodesk to convert their application(Autocad)
over to OSF/1. I am having to use the FPX application to convert the autocad
executable to Alpha but the rcacadd image bombs out. I believe the problem
is the libxview.so library.

     [Q] Has any one converted an Autocad 12.0 SunOS successfully.

Thanks to those who responded
     Lannie Loh
     Pat Lambert
     Hellebo Knut

First I would like to apologize for the tone of this message, but I am a
disgruntled user.

1. I received responses about using DEC FUSE to graphically debug my
applications. I have FUSE and it does not work under CDE but will work on
Motif. The number one application I need to debug is an application that
gets called from a purchased cad application. So to debug the application I
need to debug a running process. FUSE does NOT allow this functionality,
but dbx does. The other suggestion is to down load a beta version of
decladebug. But this installation requires new versions of C++ libraries
that exist on a ftp site that I can not reach.

2. There is a bug in the FPX software that digital is working on.

Jeff Bivins
Otis Elevator
Sr. Programmer Analyst
bivins_at_nebeng.otis.utc.com