RWZ52 on Alpha 3000/300X under OSF/1 v3.0 doesn't work?!

From: Bryan G. Peterson <PETERSON_at_PHYSC1.BYU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 14:38 MDT

I have an Alpha 3000/300x running OSF/1 3.0 that doesn't seem to want to
see an RWZ52 that we added. I have tried installing the SCSI CAM products
off the layered products disk and it seems to recognize the disk but when
I installed the OSDS product it always complains that the device is not
present. I have tried SCSI CAM + OSDS and OSDS alone (installed and
uninstalled both several times now). Maybe the real hint of what is going
on is that I don't see the device "opxxx" during startup that is in the
examples. Apparently the installation process doesn't automatically add
this device to the system on the obligatory config - am I supposed to
edit the config file and add it by hand?

Any hints on getting this to install right would be greatly appreciated
(both by me and by the user of the system).

Thanks,

Bryan Peterson
peterson_at_physc1.byu.edu
Brigham Young University, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
Provo, UT 84602
(801)378-7417