Followup - Automount problem and non-prived users

From: Jim Johnson - UniPrise Systems - 617.229.1105 <jj_at_uniprise.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:39:38 -0500

Hi,

I have seemingly solved my problem but I don't really know why/if the
problem is indeed solved.

Our default shell is bash. Since a new version appears rather often,
it was decided to place this file on an NFS partition so it could be
easily updated. I know there are a number of reasons why not to do
this but I was overruled. I have found that if I move the shell to a
local partition, the problem no longer manifests itself.

Everything seems fine now but I don't have a solid reason why. Some
sort of privileged/race condition?

Thanks,

JJ