3.2C UFS Quotas really screwed up!

From: Brad Block <bradb_at_s1.GANet.NET>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 19:25:41 -0500 (EST)

Ok, here is the situation. We have 3.2C running userquotas with the
options, rq,userquota in /etc/fstab, the QUOTA_CONFIG in rc.config = yes,
and the options QUOATS settings in the /sys/conf/<machine> set
correctly. We are exporting the filesystem and it is being mounted by a
solaris 2.3 machine. rpc.rquotad is running on both machines.

Here are the problems:

#1 quotas are NOT updated without running quotacheck
   - ie, a user can place as much as he wants in the filesystem without
     having quotas enforced

#2 quotas are incorrectly calculated
  - ie, a user has actually 1256K in in the fs and quota -v user reveals
    he is over his quota by 1028K

#3 possibly related, some periods during the day, get NFS handle write
   errors reported on the solaris machine

- Frantic in columbus,
BRad