Polycenter Performance Advisor

From: Martyn Johnson <Martyn.Johnson_at_cl.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 1996 10:00:46 +0000

This is pretty much a long shot as there isn't much information to go on, but
I'm hoping that somebody will recognise these symptoms.

I'm trying out the "POLYCENTER Performance Advisor" product version 3.0 on a
number of systems running 3.2A. The installation went smoothly and it
generally seems to work.

My problem is that from time to time I find that the data collector process is
no longer running. It just seems to die at random. It happens on all machines
I've tried (3 so far). I can't find any error messages anywhere, nor can I
correlate the time at which the data collection stops with any other event on
the system. The length of time it runs before dying is very variable (between
minutes and days); I cannot discern any pattern to it at all. When I restart
the data collector, it starts up OK.

Does anybody recogise the problem and know what to do about it?

--
Martyn Johnson      maj_at_cl.cam.ac.uk
University of Cambridge Computer Lab