Can SystemV Environment wipe out a fileset?

From: Harvey Rarback 312-702-9931 <RARBACK_at_cars3.uchicago.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 14:59:17 -0600 (CST)

     Folks,

I am a new to Unix, so please forgive me if this question is naive or doesn't
make sense. I just installed Digital Unix 3.2c on a new disk. I believe this
is the order I did things:

  - installed the OS using the AdvFS for the root and usr domains
  - used addvol to add a partition to the usr domain
  - created a fileset /people on the new partition
  - created my home directory on /people
  - installed the System V Environment (*without* the management or printing
    options) giving my login as an account to modify to use the Environment
  - rebooted

After the reboot, although /people was still there, there were no files in the
fileset! What happened?

                             --Harvey
   ----
Harvey Rarback phone: (312)702-9931
CARS fax: (312)702-5454
University of Chicago Internet: rarback_at_cars3.uchicago.edu
5640 South Ellis Avenue ESnet: 47583::RARBACK
Chicago, IL 60637 "Digital (R) -- whatever it takes."