Question: How to work Fast Ethernet Card (DE500) under OSF/1

From: Wu Wei 314-935-4746 <wwu_at_thrym.wustl.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 15:09:56 -0600 (CST)

Hello Everyone;

  What does it take to make a DEC PCI fast ethernet card (DE500) to work
under Digital Unix 3.2C?

  We received a DEC2100 with built-in regular ethernet ports. It works
fine. After I added a DE500 fast ethernet card, the OS did not
recognize the existance of the card (no log about the card in
/usr/adm/messages, but firmware "show device" listed the card).

  I searched the card documents, and DEC web and ftp sites. Almost all
operating systems are mentioned, except DEC OSF/1 or Digital Unix (I am
NOT joking!). Is DEC going to abandon their own Unix for something like NT?
At least I got this impression.

  Thank you for your attention and help. I will summarize.

Wei Wu
Supervisor, Scientific Computing
Washington University, Campus Box 1105
St. Louis, MO 63130, USA