tz877 on Digital UNIX

From: Paul Bushen <pb_at_hawke.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 96 11:45:49 +0000

Hello!

Does anyone have experience using a TZ877 on DU, maybe with Networker Save
and Restore (but this is secondary at present!)

Is the TZ877 treated as a massive tape or can I control which of the seven
cartridges is loaded from UNIX?

from the console I have

MKB500 = the TZ87
JKB1 = the tape changer hardware (I assume)

but from DU I only have the *mt0* files in /dev, no tape changer device.

If I can select a particular cartridge, how is it done? and what device file
is used?

We have no documentation for the tz877, a friend is faxing a copy of her
owners manual - but she says it's a bit vague - typical documentation :-}

many thanks

        Paul.

--
 Paul Bushen             pb_at_hawke.co.uk           http://www.hawke.co.uk/~pb/
 Technical Advisor,      Hawke Systems, UK.                  +44 1753 686 686

              These are my opinions, not those of my employer.