Annoying beep on AlphaStation 200 4/166

From: Dave Rawlinson <djr_at_star.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 11:06:47 +0000 (GMT)

This is probably dead simple but has defeated me.

How do you configure/turn off the beep under DU 3.2C (plain Motif, not DCE
which is even more brain dead). Short of snipping the speaker wires!

I have disabled keyclick and beep under the keyboard option in the
Session Manager.

xset b off does nothing.

This is really annoying. I'd like to be able to configure the
volume/pitch to be something less annoying but would settle for being
able to switch the damn thing off all together.

Under DCE the volume/pitch sliders gave some very interesting step functions.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Dave...

Dave Rawlinson Email: djr_at_star.rl.ac.uk
Starlink Project Tele: +44 1235 44 6471
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Fax: +44 1235 44 5848
Chilton, Didcot, OXON OX11 0QX URL: http://star-www.rl.ac.uk/