Web Performance?

From: Edward D. Silver <eds_at_a1.ipcc.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 16:55:59 -0500 (EST)

Sometimes it seems like our web server performs sporadically, sometimes
flying along without delay and sometimes crawling to a halt. We run the
netsite server software version 1.1 on DEC ALPHA 1000 4/200 running OSF/1
3.0B. We have a T1 connection to the 'Net, and the slowdown is noticeable
within the office as well as outside.

We have three Hard Drives, with / and /usr on drive 0 running advfs and
drive 1 and 2 running ufs. The web server is on /usr and the its docs
are on drive 1. Is advfs a bad idea in this instance? Can we keep the
mixed environment? Is this a possible cause of the web servers poor
performance, I am contacting Netscape to see if they have any ideas?

eds_at_ipcc.com