Binhex

From: Jean-Loup Risler <Jean-Loup.Risler_at_genetique.uvsq.fr>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 96 12:48:01 +0100

Dear Gurus,

On my Alpha box (DU 3.2c) I use exmh as my preferred mail interface,
together with Metamail and xv. Thus I can read MIME messages, UUEncoded
texts, JPEG images and so on.

However, more than often people send BINHEXED files, for example because
they use Eudora.

Despite an extensive fumbling with Archie, I could not find any Binhex
utility for Unix. A colleague pointed to mpack, but as far as I can read
from the README, mpack does not know of binhexed files.

Thus my question: how do you decode bihexed files on your unix box?

Thanks for your help,

Jean-Loup

| Jean-Loup Risler               |                                  |
| Universite de Versailles       | Tel: (33-1) 39 25 45 54          |
| Lab. Genome et Informatique    | Fax: (33-1) 39 25 45 69          |
| Batiment Buffon                |                                  |
| 45 Avenue des Etats-Unis       | email: risler_at_genetique.uvsq.fr  |
| 78035  Versailles Cedex France |                                  |