nsr and indexes

From: Jason Neil <jan_at_nzxray.galen.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 12:38:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

We have a alpha running DU3.2c with NSR311, and are having a
great deal of trouble keeping our online indexes to a managable size.
The backups are instigated from a shell script using the save command.
Retention policies have been defined using the GUI software, but I have
the feeling that the unix commands bypass that somehow.

My questions are:

Is save the best command to use for backing up filesystems using nsr?
(note: vdumps of the whole system are done monthly)

Do you need to specify some option on the unix command to tell networker
to use a particular retention policy.

Basically, how would I keep the on-line on-line index's down to say a
week or month?

Any other tips on nsr for DU would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jason :-)

< Jason Neil Contact Details >
< Technical Co-ordinator Phone: 0064 9 3771780 >
< Galen Group Ltd Fax: 0064 9 3771787 >
< Auckland, New Zealand email: jan_at_nzxray.galen.co.nz >