Help! Serious problem with DECStation 3000

From: Tom <tom_at_homer.bus.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:42:14 -0500 (EST)

We have a DECStation 3000 that is running (used to run) OSF/1 1.3. After
running Mosaic, the display manager messed up the mouse, colors were
wrong. The system had to be rebooted. After the reboot, the text on the
display during startup was virtually unreadable. The XDM login window
was flashing black and orange, and would not allow logins. My plan is to
reinstall DU 3.2C tommorow. However, I would hope that there is an
easier way to fix the problem--main reason for re-installation is that
the user can't have a lot of down time. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks very much.

Tom Leffingwell Office: SBA 211
Systems Manager Office Phone: (305) 284-1771
Network Security Email: tom_at_homer.bus.miami.edu

School of Business
University of Miami