RZ29B versus RZ29C

From: <jmcsweeney_at_mcsilo.enet.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 17:30:21 MET

Hi all gurus
I have a small(?) problem. An RZ29B disk failed on me (surprise surprise!)
and I need to replace rather quickly. The problem is that I can't readily
get my hands on a replacement disk but I can get an RZ29C. My problem is I
need to disklabel the RZ29C but there is no entry for this in the /etc/disktab
file. Can I use the generic rz29 entry in the distab file or will this
cause problems with disk geometry etc.

In other words will

disktab -r -w /dev/rrz3a rz29 work on a RZ29C disk

By the way what is the difference between RZ29C and RZ29B.

Thanking you all in advance for your time and knowledge

John Mc.