From: UW-Platteville Gopher and WWW Admin. <GOPHERADMIN_at_uwplatt.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 10:59:49 -0600 (CST)

My original questions was:

What's up with DU 4.0, and how do I get there? And how come I don't know about
these new releases?

Thanks to:
vsp_at_unx.dec.com
ott_at_masadm1.mas.eurocontrol.be
tpb_at_zk3.dec.com

Digital Unix was put on Code Freeze last night. If all goes well and another
pass at the code is not needed, intended shipment should be in about 2-3
months.

Version 3.2C is a functional release which means that one must upgrade by:
3.2 -> 3.2C -> 4.0

and cannot go from
3.2 -> 4.0

But watch out going to 4.0 because some hardware has been phased out (Be sure
to read the docs) and you may want to check if all of your software will work
with 4.0 (I am guessing they may make ya wait for 4.x?)

And if you want to keep up one what is the current release:
Usenet,
Trade Mags,
Dec Employee/Friends
Decus

And as one kind fellow put it: The Psychic Friends Network.

--Brett M. Thorson
  UWP Postmaster, Webmaster, Gopheradmin, Listmgr,
  And a really nice guy too! :-)