local mail to 'uppercase' users

From: Kalle Flodkvist <Kalle.Flodkvist_at_its.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 17:27:35 +0100

I am trying to send mail locally on my Digital Unix 3.2C system. Everything
is fine except when trying to send to users with uppercase names.
# mailx KALLE
Subject: test
test
.
EOT
[1] + Done # KALLE... User unknown
KALLE exists as a user on the system.

I run Sendmail 5.65v3.2 and the line in sendmail.cf for local deliveries
looks like this:

Mlocal, P=/bin/mail, F=rlsDFMmn, S=10, R=20, A=mail -r $f -d $u

I had the same problem on another UNIX system earlier, but adding a flag u
to the corresponding line there, solved the problem.
man sendmail.cf gives no clues. Anyone any idea????? Do I have to install
another sendmail to get local deliveries to uppercase users to work?

Kalle Flodkvist
Uppsala universitet
IT Stöd
Box 887 Email: Kalle.Flodkvist_at_its.uu.se
751 08 UPPSALA Fax: +46 18 18 79 10
Sweden Telephone: +46 18 18 78 63