SUMMARY: Mac environment on DU

From: Eugene Chu <chu_at_musp0.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 12:42:25 -0800

Well, it looks like such a thing does not exist, though some other
respondents expressed similar desires.

Paul Rockwell <rockwell_at_rch.dec.com> wrote that they've discussed with
Apple about porting their Mac Applications Environment to DU, but the
cost to license it was considered too high.

Gyula Szokoly <szgyula_at_skysrv.Pha.Jhu.EDU> describes a CD from Andataco
that has a product called Liken (also mentioned by Paul, but the company
that wrote it no longer exists) which is supposed to provide a System 6
type environment. However, while the documentation lists an Alpha/OSF
version, the CD does not contain it.

So for now, unless I want to upgrade my Mac hardware, I'll have to live
with the way it crawls through large images.

eyc